No doubt that there is a wide variety of Damascus knives blade shapes available in the market. By choosing the right blade, any individual will get the appropriate assurance that his job will be completed on time. Here you will be able to familiarize yourself with these different blade types so that you can better prepare yourself for outdoor adventures and survival situations as well as for everyday applications.
Drop Point blade
- This is usually one of the common handmade blades types which are extremely popular among the category of hunting knives and too larger pocket knives. You can use this blade style as a tactical knife or as a survival knife. It is characterized and formulated in the form of convex-shape. It comprises sloping spine and also a lowered point.
- Note that these drop-point blades are massively and especially useful if you want to make controlled cuts. For hunters, this is a useful blade for them because it facilitates them to skin a large belly. Such blades have strong tips so that they can easily resist breaking. Lastly, talking about the downside of this specific blade, it is its broad tip which is not suitable for a piercing job.
Clip Point blade
- This is another highly and immensely popular blade type. You might have noticed that the clip point blade front half, it appears to be “clipped off,” for the reason that, this name is given to it. This clipped-off area is usually present in a straight form or in a concave shape. The tip of this blade design is created in such a way so that it can easily make controlled cuts likewise a drop-point blade make!
- This blade tip is quite sharper unlike that of the drop-point blade. Its tip is also thinner so that an easier stabbing can be performed by you. This is a recommended blade if you want to pierce objects. On the other hand, its sharp tip is subject and prone to easier breakage. There is a popular version of this specific blade design and it comes in the form of a Bowie knife. This bowie knife blade is used for hunting.
Spear Point blade
- This blade is present in the form of an asymmetrical shape. These spear point blades are featured with a tip and this tip specifically lines up with the center part of a blade. This particular blade is used on all kinds of throwing knives.
- The best feature present in these spear-point blades, it is that they can effortlessly pierce as well as stab. It is because of the blade’s sharp point that you will be given strength and durability and also 100% long-lasting use. At the same time, this similar blade is not well-suited and appropriate for slicing and cutting
There is more variation in the section of knife blade designs, so to explore that variation, keep in touch with us. Let us know which blade you can effortlessly use and which blade design you find the complex one while using.